Re: [Epic] Titan Weapons (long)

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 12:58:25 -0700 (PDT)

Titan Weapon Stats for E40K

For purposes of these rules, all War Engine Super Heavy Weapons require 4
Blast Markers to shut it down regardless of the effect or firepower of the
individual weapon. Note that this does not apply to the built in Secondary
Weapons which have a fixed number of firepower (ie on the Baneblade and
Imperator)

Name Range FP Notes
Barrage Missile U/D (1) Place 1D6 Barrage Templates. Roll

-> Far too powerful IMHO, ability to inflict up to 7 BMs with one hit is
evil.

Gatling Blaster 60 6

-> Much more powerful than the standard HWB, at this range I think it
should be 5 maybe even 4 fp.

Inferno Gun 0 (1) Place special Inferno Template.

-> This is neat, and fits with the original rules quite well. I think it
should count for more than 1 in a firefight though, maybe D6

Laser Burner 15 8 Double Assault vs other war engines

-> Good idea, a titan with 4 of these would rule up close...

Melta-Cannon 30 (1) 1d3 Death Ray hits.

-> Mixed feelings on this, but I think it might work well.

Plasma Blastgun 45 (1) 1d3 Anti-tank shots

The problem with this is only warhounds used to take them, now, noone
will, they aren't very good, Especially when you may take a Turbo laser
which has better range and is guarenteed 3 AT.

Plasma Destructor 90 (1) 1d6 Death Ray hits. May not use

-> This is EVIL :o) I like it.

Vulcan Mega-Bolter 30 12

-> Hmmm, this may be the best fp weapon in the game. a warlord with 4 of
these can inflict 6 BMs over 2 detachments. Very nice.

Good job, faithful to the original rules, which of course had their own
imbalances.
Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...