Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 15:27:59 -0600 (CST)

>Eldar Weapons

>Heat Lance 100
>Pulsar 300 this weapons has no drawbacks!
>Tremor Cannon 175 ignores shields!
>D-Cannon 250 *see coment below*
>Lascannon Wing 150
>Psycannon 150
>Power Fist 100 this thing shoots!
>Missile Launcher Wing 50 to stimulate use it has to be cheap
>Hull 300 its weapons is what makes it expensive!
>Hull for warlock Titan 400

>Comment: I will try to bring back the old AT rules on this one, it was
>truely fearsome as it destroyed anything without shields without save
>and shield targets were imune. If caught without shield-ouch! Bye
>Titan! I'll tone it down somewhat but it will be still pretty powerful
>and thus the cost. I post the full rules later.

I don't think I like your pricing on most of the Eldar Titan weapons. From
your pricing scheme, a single phantom Titan armed with nothing except a
pulsar already costs substantially more than a phantom does currently armed
with 2 pulsars and 2 lascannon wings. While that second phantom is a cheesy
arrangement according to most people, that difference in prices is just
incredible here. It also seems a little strange that the Lascannon wing
costs more than 2 prism cannons, and the missile launcher wing costs the
same as one. With prices at these rates I don't think I would ever take wing
weapons. Hell, at these prices I don't think I would ever take Eldar
Titans, and currently I never play a game without them. I mean c'mon, for
the price I currently pay for a phantom titan, under this scheme I can only
field the worst possible armed Titan there is for the Eldar: 2 missile wings
and 2 power fists. What's up with that?

BTW, under current rules, the Warlock Titan is 150 points more than a phantom.

Good to see the list back up! Anyone know what happened?

Mike the liu