Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 18:56:30 +0000

> I don't think I like your pricing on most of the Eldar Titan weapons. From
> your pricing scheme, a single phantom Titan armed with nothing except a
> pulsar already costs substantially more than a phantom does currently armed
> with 2 pulsars and 2 lascannon wings. While that second phantom is a cheesy
> arrangement according to most people, that difference in prices is just
> incredible here. It also seems a little strange that the Lascannon wing
> costs more than 2 prism cannons, and the missile launcher wing costs the
> same as one. With prices at these rates I don't think I would ever take wing
> weapons. Hell, at these prices I don't think I would ever take Eldar
> Titans, and currently I never play a game without them. I mean c'mon, for
> the price I currently pay for a phantom titan, under this scheme I can only
> field the worst possible armed Titan there is for the Eldar: 2 missile wings
> and 2 power fists. What's up with that?

I think you forgot to divide by two the total of weapons purchased:

Example Phantom armed with one pulsar, wing cannon, miisle launcher wing
and power fist costs 600 points (150 + 100 + 50 +300 =600/2, 300 points
for the weapons and 300 for the hull). Any standard decent armed phantom
will cost about the same it always had, the overpowered variant (double
pulsar and wing lascannon) would cost 750 points (300 + 300 + 150 + 150=
900/2, 450 plus 300 for the hull 750), which is only 150 points more
than normal. Of course as I stated in the original posting we could just
half the points cost and avoid any dividing at the end.

As you can see an averagely armed titan is worth the same as it used to
only any overpowered version costs more, but not exagerately so (2 Vp's
more in case of the titan with double everything).

Peter