Re: [Epic] Warning to all

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:25:38 -0500

Fabio VanderMerwe wrote:

> In my search to find cheaper prices for epic minituree I took a chance and
> hit the web to find some web store. Using the web stores listed on the GW
> gateway I narrowed my choices down to two sttores, discpooubt games, and
> RPGspot (Shawns trading post). Discount games had great prices and the
> shipping fee is only 5 dollars for everything.

I've had pretty good service from Discount Games, too. I stopped using
them when the discount went from 30% or 35% (I forget) to 20%. You can
tell I'm spoiled. :-)

I'm currently using Travelling Mage, who has 35% off for GW. There was
a time when that store wasn't working out well for people, but I think
he's getting lots better. (He's the guy selling, from personal stuff,
the Epic stuff Alan and Kevin are hoping to buy and distribute.) I've
been pointing my wife there when it gets close to birthday and
Christmas. :-) (About 3 weeks to my birthday! :) I don't know what
shipping costs, but you can reduce your discount 5% to get free
shipping, so there is some tradeoff between shipping and discount.

I've been thinking I'd like to buy stuff at local stores. But whenever
I go and look at the prices, I just can't get myself to do it. $8.99
for that? When I order it from a discount place, not only is it
cheaper, but I can't see how little I'm getting for the money. :)

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...