Re: [Epic] Scenario

From: Brian Thomas <bthom37_at_...>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 01:20:58 -0500

At 11:09 PM 4/23/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Cornelius Perkins wrote:
>
>> Django Wexler wrote:
>>
>> > Its been done...(fairly badly)...ever play Final Liberation? Its a SM/TL
>> > computer game. Not bad, although the balance and AI could be better.
>>
>> Why do you say "fairl badly", Django? I and my sons enjoy FL quite
>> a bit. As to the AI, have you downloaded the latest update? It improves
>> the AI a lot. The highest difficulty level kicks my ass.
>>
>> Cornelius
>>
>> --
>> // Cornelius Perkins cperkins_at_...
>> // http://www.nothinbut.net/~cperkins
>> // In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni
>
>They finally put a demo out, and it seems pretty good, if it does seem to have
>bland graphics (at least with the demos).
>
>I may pick it up, if I can ever drop quake 2.
>
>Thane

Final Liberation, IMHO, is pretty good. But, I gotta tell you, I just
finished my first multiplayer match (TCP/IP). My system crashed twice
trying to connect, so I uninstalled/reinstalled FL and the 1.01 patch. It
worked. So then, as I'm winning (805(me)/705(him, because of his Warlord)),
I start getting out-of-sync messages. Bad sign. About a minute later, the
whole network session falls through. I talked to the other guy, and he said
this happened the only other time he's tried FL in multiplayer. Not good.
(No, he didn't disconnect on purpose; he gave me the win) Caveat Emptor.
Without the planned expansions, and with that mythical 'powerful editor'
still on the horizon, and the poor multiplayer, it's got some strikes
against it. Yet, I still like it a lot. Quick games are fun, and sometimes
I like to try to beat the campaign on difficult. Haven't beaten the first
mission. I beat the campaign on medium, though. If you can find it on
sale, I advise you to pick it up.

                                        Brian

PS. The graphics are the same in the full version.
PPS. Any other questions, please ask.