RE: [Epic] Odd Gamers (was: Sorry, testing)

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:36:16 -0400

From Scott:
> I played against this guy once, he was an Ork player trying
> out his new Eldar army (SM/TL). He made all kinds of sounds - when
> he moved units, when he fired units, when I killed his units... It
> was kinda disturbing, actually. Maybe if I knew him it would have
> been OK, but he was a complete stranger. I don't mind people
> getting into character a little (heck, whenever I play Chaos I get
> the urge to just charge forward and hack the other army to bits),
> but it can be taken too far...

I always picture the GW employees in their stores trying to get everybody to
yell "Waaugh!" Remember the Isuzu commercials, where the Toyota guy was
trying to get their customers to jump up in the air, like on Toyota
commercials?

You can tell I'm old, not only because I remember the commercial, but
because I'm telling about it again here, which I'm pretty sure I've done
before. :-)

andy
askinner_at_...