RE: [Epic] Odd Gamers (was: Sorry, testing)

From: Alexis Nahib Delgado Saab <alexis_usb_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 20:09:47 PDT

>From Scott:
>> I played against this guy once, he was an Ork player trying
>> out his new Eldar army (SM/TL). He made all kinds of sounds - when
>> he moved units, when he fired units, when I killed his units... It
>> was kinda disturbing, actually. Maybe if I knew him it would have
>> been OK, but he was a complete stranger. I don't mind people
>> getting into character a little (heck, whenever I play Chaos I get
>> the urge to just charge forward and hack the other army to bits),
>> but it can be taken too far...
>
>I always picture the GW employees in their stores trying to get
everybody to
>yell "Waaugh!" Remember the Isuzu commercials, where the Toyota guy
was
>trying to get their customers to jump up in the air, like on Toyota
>commercials?
>
>You can tell I'm old, not only because I remember the commercial, but
>because I'm telling about it again here, which I'm pretty sure I've
done
>before. :-)
>
>andy
>askinner_at_...

     Well of course you can check the rules book page 19 on section 5 (
roll the dice):

     ..." You may wish to pause at this junture and grin evilly at your
oponent before rolling the dice, and/or inform him that all his
men/Orks/tanks are going to die."...

          So i guess is not against any rules to make weird noises when
playing and if you don�t want your fiancee/parents to think you�re mad
show �em the rule book!!

                                     Alexis Delgado

     Computers are not intelligent. They only think
they are.