Re: [Epic] Retreat Option

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 12:12:34 +1000

Sauron Moridor wrote:

> Sauron1 writes; What is the opinion of the group about "strategic
> withdrawls" We only allow Eldar and SM units to "re-deploy" by
> retreating at no movement penalty { Indicatted by the "HERETICAL" use of
> the "FALLBACK" counters} and then advancing again to a new position.

In SM1/2 this sounds fair enough to me...

> This seams to fit the Eldar requirement of Hit and Run and We see SM
> units as practitioners as well because they are also expensive and a
> rare comodity in the Imperium.

In E40K, Eldar virtually HAVE to use the "March" option after an attack.
I've been going through some TEWTs using Eldar, since I'll be acquiring
an Eldar army soon, and have come to the conclusion that Guardians are
particularly good for this:

Step 1) From just outside firing range (45cm), move on normal orders,
then dismount.
Step 2) Fire using your 20 FP and 5 Disrupts.
Step 3) Firefight
Step 4) (Next Turn), survivors march back onto Wave Serpents, then march
85cm back to recover Blast Markers and set-up for the next Drive-By.

Same thing works well for Vipers and Jetbikes.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo