Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 14:09:29 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Keith Zanardi wrote:

> >>United we stand!
> >

> > we ???
> >^^^^
> >
> >My two cents would be about the lack of "we" that seems to be going into
> >this whole thing, but if I am the only one with a problem, then I guess it
> >must be just me...
> >
> >Agro

I have noticed this, kind of funny actually.

> You DON"T have a problem dude! I thought that "we" were going to
> move this
> "development" to the EpiCentre where "we"?/ "all"? Epic players could have
> some
> input. This list is NOT the place for such an "in depth discussion" A far as
> I have seen, there have been maybe 20? "people"? involved with a
> "CONSENSUS ACHIEVED"!
>
> Just MY nickle.
>
> Xenofobe

Couldn't agree more. It is long past the time to move this discussion to
its own location. Either on a Web page or its own list. The discussion
of the design of a new game system (and net epic has as much in common
with current Epic as Epic40k IMHO) deserves its own forum. This list is
set up (as far as I know) for the discussion of Spacemarine, not the full
scale designing of a new system.

Again, I would draw attention to another list with a similar experience.
On the Full Thrust list a project much like this began, the full scale
design of a new system. On that list one of the first topics of
discussion was how they should discuss the project. It was quickly decided
that MANY people on the Full Thrust list would have no interest at all in
the project. It was also realized that the project would draw a lot of
traffic from those people who were interested in the project. Keeping
that in mind the people in charge of the project decided to set up a
second mailing list for that topic only. A pity that we were not so
enlightened here. It is long past the time for Net Epic to find a new
home. When the design process is over you might want to bring the topic
back up here.

keep the change.

Chad Taylor