Re: [Epic] Dets Question

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 09:31:05 -0500

Kelley, Kevin J., JCS wrote:

> So for the IG arty unit we have 2 votes for there must be a "unit" in
> the
> command section (11 main part of det) and 2 votes that the unit does
> not
> need a "unit" listed in the command section. As I recall there is in
> one
> of the White dwarf refights an example of an IG army (fighting eldar I
>
> think) that may help, OTOH wasn't this the one with the illegal RR
> det?

WD battle reports, unless the go out of their way to make a rule
statement, are, at best, a bad source for rules.

> Anyway - in our game another situation arose. I had a det of 4
> stormhammers
> - these are classed as War Engines for everything - ie no orders,
> shoot in
> WE phase, move again in assault phase ?? And they are shot at on the
> WE
> columns???

Imp Super heavies are WE for all reasons.

> They actually did quite well, my opponent moved his Gargant up and I
> used
> the 8 FP to knock down shields first - then rolled the 4 volcano
> canons...
> on the almost shieldless Gargant.

Had something like that happen to me, with me being the orcs....

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com