Re: [Epic] Titan Legion rules vs. Epic 40k

From: Elaine P <elainepat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 10:00:50 PDT

We're beating a dead horse here. The two games are different. This is
like the silly WRG 6 vs. WRG 7 & DBM debate that has been going on for
years.

I like both games. Both games have their strengths and their
weaknesses. What I don't like is:

1. GW's dilution and sanitation of the 40K universe to attract the
kiddie players with superhero characters.
2. GW's packaging and pricing schemes.
3. GW ignoring their best sets of rules, EPIC in any flavor, to promote
boneheaded play to sell miniatures.

Here I climb onto a soapbox and begin to rant like a loonie. Nigel
Stillman co-authored a good book on armies of the ancient Near East and
Mediterranean. He has written intellegent articles for wargaming
magazines. So, why oh why, does he play a Dark Elf army without any
crossbows? Could it be so we can sell the featured regiments?

I am beginning to think that the reason there is not any EPIC coverage
in WD is because no one at WD knows how to play a real wargame.

Sorry for the rant, must be PMS.

--Elaine