Re: [Epic] Net Epic (Titan point costs)

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 14:58:45 +0000

> The idea is certainly logical. On the other hand, what follows naturally is
> custom Company & Detachment cards for lesser troops, which is what E40K
> introduces, from what I've heard from rumors. Do you think we should
> cross-check their new points system with the existing card system (when we
> get the rules of E40K), and if they are consistent enough, include those as
> an optional supplement in NetEpic? (Wow, NetEpic will have Supplements
> too!) This would make it possible for the future E40K players to adapt to
> NetEpic, which would add to the Lingua Franca quality of what we are trying
> to design here. After all, as I understand, DS2, Silent Death, BT and many
> more already have such table systems to support their games, which makes
> costs in those somewhat more finely-tuned than Epic.
>
> S. Birol Akmeric
> nethol_at_...

The point values of E40k are, like in 40 on a per unit basis,therefore
that point system is very different from the card point values and this
is not taking into acount that unit composition will vary greatly from
the two systems. A system to assimilate both manners of army
construction would be difficult.

The customizing of battle groups at this stage is just an idea, but
would be confined to this. The army cards were voted on in the beggining
with overwhelming majority and thier contents will not be altered, with
the exception of changing the cost of some units that are deemed
under/over priced.