Re: [Epic] Net Epic (Titan point costs)

From: S. Birol Akmeric <nethol_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 10:45:37 +0200

> From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
> > On the other hand, how do we figure the VPs for a battle group?...
> You award your opponent whatever the Vp's for that individual titan.
> Example if you had a titan group where each was worth 800, 600, 750,
> they would be 8, 6 and 8 Vp's respectively.
>
> > Another random thought. Some Eldar players have been talking about a
> > Warlock Battle Group composed of a Warlock Titan and two Phantoms...
>
> This is an excelent point, since now everything is paid for I see no
> obstacle for people making theses combination. It gives everyone a
> little room for customizing and it certainly does not make the game
> unbalanced, since what you take must be paid for.

I strongly agree with the costing and VP system. However, as you have
already stated, the weapons' costs should be halved beforehand to avoid
unnecessary calculations.
About custom battle groups:
The idea is certainly logical. On the other hand, what follows naturally is
custom Company & Detachment cards for lesser troops, which is what E40K
introduces, from what I've heard from rumors. Do you think we should
cross-check their new points system with the existing card system (when we
get the rules of E40K), and if they are consistent enough, include those as
an optional supplement in NetEpic? (Wow, NetEpic will have Supplements
too!) This would make it possible for the future E40K players to adapt to
NetEpic, which would add to the Lingua Franca quality of what we are trying
to design here. After all, as I understand, DS2, Silent Death, BT and many
more already have such table systems to support their games, which makes
costs in those somewhat more finely-tuned than Epic.

S. Birol Akmeric
nethol_at_...