Re: [Epic] Ravenwing Origin

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 16:42:50 -0400

Elaine P wrote:

> If I understand this correctly, things happened like this:

> 8. After the Horus Heresy, the Legion changed its armor color to dark
> green, except for the 3rd Co. Ravenwing which remained black.

        I thought that the Ravenwing has dark green armor like
everyone else, it's just their vehicles that are black.

        Also, I thought that the fact that the DAs used to wear
black armor had been written out of the history along with the
Salamanders... Or are the Sals still considered a 1st founding
chapter?

> 10. The Legions are reorganized into Chapters. The Ironwing may have
> been abandoned with the loss of the Ordinatus

        Loss of the Ordinatus?

> The reorganization from Legions into Chapters would clean up a lot of
> the minor conflicts in the background. This same issue depicts a 1st Co.
> Deathwing Marine wearing white power armor with the statement that not
> enough terminator armor was available for all of the squads. The Angels
> of Death Codex states that the Deathwing wears only terminator armor &
> does not ever use power armor. Perhaps after the reorganization, there
> was enough terminator armor since the Chapter is significantly smaller
> than the orginal Legion.

        Well, Grey Knights used to walk around in power armor,
too. Now they're another "termie-only" unit.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Avoid everything!" - Lard