Re: [Epic] Terminator Armor

From: WolfSamurai <bushkids_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 03:08:38 -0600

At 01:26 AM 5/7/98 PDT, you wrote:
>Thane a �crit :
>
>>Like everything else imperial, they want us to believe that the
>>technology to
>>make anything useful is lost, like dreadnoughts, terminator armor and
>>titans.
>>So how is it that 30 space wolves suits are destroyed every week in
>>albuquerque
>>alone? Sometimes they talk about the loving repairs given to
>>dreadnoughts for
>>the next brain to sit in... OK, so you can replace all of the arms,
>>legs
>>weapons, repair multimelta damage and stick a new brain into it, but
>>can't make
>>a new one?
>>

>I 200% agree with you, Thane, the GW background is not realistic but I
>think that this idea of a decadent Imperium is pretty cool! :)

I'm sure we all know this but let me say it for the more dense among us.
Termie armor and Dreads are made to seem rare for game balance. I'd really
hate to see an army arrayed against me that consisted solely of Termie armor
(though that doesn't stop people, esp. Space Wolf players, from doing just
that) I'd be 1. Scared and 2. Irritated that someone would be so cheesy as
to do such a blatantly powergaming move. Granted as a Marine player I'm not
totally innocent of similar things but I know where to draw the line. On a
more Epic state of mind am I the only one that feels that Epic Termies
should be heros as well as have a save? I think that as veterans of a Marine
chapter they have better skills and serve as mentors to those Marines not in
the 1st Company. After all Ork Nobs get the Hero label and they're about
equivilant to Termie Marines. Just a thought...

Aaron Roudabush aka WolfSamurai

The Master of the Spirit Blades Space Marine Chapter
Epic 40,000 General of Task Force Grey Wolf

"Peace through Superior Firepower"