Re: [Epic] First detachments

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 09:33:17 -0700 (PDT)

> Now that I can start to build a real Waaagh! of Orks, I thought I'd ask for
> some help with the detachments:
>
> Ork Warlord-Warlord HammaNob
> Upgrade to Boarboyz Unit-50pts
> Bodyguard
> -Warphead-Mounted in a Battlewagon-30pts
> -Boarboyz Mob-4 units-52pts
> -Flakwagon-20pts
> -Stormboyz Korps-4 units-48pts
> Total-200pts
I think for a warlord, you should put him in a gargant, that way he is
tougher, gets max shields and can aid combat a lot better (That free
re-roll is very helpful) If you go for infantry like this, then I suggest
mounting the boss on a wagon, and taking nobz instead of boyz, and
dropping the flakwagon for 3 battlewagons (I have yet to fire a flak
weapon at an aircraft)

> #3)Kult of Speed-Kadrok's Krashas
> Warboss Kadrok-40pts
> Weirdboy-upgrade to Battlewagon-25pts

Drop the bikeboyz and use them on their own in a seperate detachment.

With the stompy mob, instead of using boyz, use a combination of boyz on
wagonz, stormboyz and boarboyz, so that you may shield the stompas with
the wagonz, and not hinder the movement of the stompas and squiggoths with
the boyz.

Did you ever receive a copy of my extraordinarily long detachment guide?

Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...