Re: [Epic] First detachments

From: Brian Thomas <bthom37_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 12:37:25 -0500

At 09:33 AM 5/11/98 -0700, you wrote:

>> Now that I can start to build a real Waaagh! of Orks, I thought I'd ask for
>> some help with the detachments:
>>
>> Ork Warlord-Warlord HammaNob
>> Upgrade to Boarboyz Unit-50pts
>> Bodyguard
>> -Warphead-Mounted in a Battlewagon-30pts
>> -Boarboyz Mob-4 units-52pts
>> -Flakwagon-20pts
>> -Stormboyz Korps-4 units-48pts
>> Total-200pts
>I think for a warlord, you should put him in a gargant, that way he is
>tougher, gets max shields and can aid combat a lot better (That free
>re-roll is very helpful) If you go for infantry like this, then I suggest
>mounting the boss on a wagon, and taking nobz instead of boyz, and
>dropping the flakwagon for 3 battlewagons (I have yet to fire a flak
>weapon at an aircraft)
>
>> #3)Kult of Speed-Kadrok's Krashas
>> Warboss Kadrok-40pts
>> Weirdboy-upgrade to Battlewagon-25pts
>>

>Drop the bikeboyz and use them on their own in a seperate detachment.
>
>With the stompy mob, instead of using boyz, use a combination of boyz on
>wagonz, stormboyz and boarboyz, so that you may shield the stompas with
>the wagonz, and not hinder the movement of the stompas and squiggoths with
>the boyz.
>

>Did you ever receive a copy of my extraordinarily long detachment guide?
>
>Steve

You refer to the Mighty File? I got it. Very nice. I'm thinking about
ditching all the flakwagons, and just using 5-6 Fighta-Bommerz on on Intercept
orders for air cover. For my KOS', the idea I'm aiming for is: (Andy
Skinner, shield thy eyes!) to have one Shooty KOS take one flank, the other
Shooty KOS and the Krasha's take the other flank, to try to overpower one
side, while marching the Stompy's on up. Have you hads any luck with
Squiggoths? I like the minis, and like the idea of d6 assault( which gives
a 2/6 chance of having highest Ork assault values!), and 2FP at 30cm.

                                        Thanks,

                                                Brian