[Epic] mini storage tip

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 13:03:14 -0400

For my birthday, I asked for and received a couple of drawer units intended
for hardware like nails and screws and such. It turned out that each drawer
in these units is smaller than the crafty kinds of storage boxes I've been
using, and the divisions in it were slightly wider, so there were fewer
sections. Although I liked that each one had a carrying handle on the top,
and they were convenient for pulling out the drawers to get the items, we
decided to trade 'em in for some more of what I had already.

My wife went to a craft store (A.C. Moore, for those who might have one
handy), and they were having a sale on 'em at 99 cents each. She got me 14
of them!

They're soft plastic, with 6 x 3 sections (except that two sections are
connected, for 17 total slots), each section exactly the right size for 4
new Epic bases. The ones I've had before were sorta translucent, but these
are clear enough to see into and tell what minis you're looking at. I'll
have to stack 'em, and it won't be quite as convenient as pulling out a
drawer, but I'm much happier with these.

I know some of you use these already, but this is a good time to pick 'em up
if you can find 'em. I don't think I'm going to need 14, but I'll be
keeping extras for the future.

She got me all clear, but said they had them in all different colors. I
guess you could get green for the orks and pink for the Eldar. :)

Let me say, however, that I don't intend to buy these and ship them for
people. They're likely to be available for cheaper than it would cost to
send them. (These were normally $1.40 or so, on sale for $.99.) Check
department stores as well as craft stores. I've seen the like in craft
sections, hardware, and fishing (especially at Kmart).

I intend to glue strips of foam across the bottom of some of the sections,
to separate two vehicles. Though I'm tempted (with 14 of these containers!)
to keep them all apart!

andy