Re: [Epic] Detailed Daemon Engines.

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 17:09:18 -0500

> Maybe just give the silver towers and units within 15 cm of a silver tower the
> bonus of a 6+ save (or +1 to a normal save) or -1 to hit or a cover bonus for
> being shot at.This would better represent their old level of usefulness, though
> maybe a bit more useful. I think I like the -1 to hit best. The template deal
> would be a pain for big detats firing into; how many of the firing units had
> LOS around the template, etc. The 10 or 15 cm aura seems simpler.

You could imagine a field of "hazing" around the underside of a Silver Tower.
All units within 15cm of a Silver Tower would be considered in cover
when fired at. The towers themselves would not get this benefit, just as
they did not benefit from their warding shield in SM/TL.

Of course, as I now consider Silver Towers to be worth what they cost,
you'd need to up their points just a bit.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html

Mirrored by J. Michael Looney at:
     http://www.spellbooksoftware.com/allen-mirror/default.html