[Epic] FW: GW-USA June Newsletter (long)

From: Jonathan Westmoreland <JonW_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 13:06:07 -0600

---------------------------------
> From there you're ushered into the world of Epic
> 40,000. Gav Thorpe continues down the Ork path with a wonderful
> article on theming your Ork army into specific clans.
>
> Wait, there's more! The Ork theme continues its Waaagh! through
> White Dwarf with the release of the new mini-game Bommerz over Da
> Sulphur River. Unlike most of our games this one comes with a
> game board but still uses our metal Citadel Miniatures. The game
> itself pits Ork Fighta-Bommerz against Imperial forces. Great for
> a quick change from the table-top wars that most have grown
> accustomed to!
---------------------------------
Well, well. Finally. Epic 40,000 appears in White Dwarf after
a long absence. Maybe this will diminish the fires of "Epic
40,000 is going to be discontinued"? Or will it feed them?
I think that Epic 40,000 will be around a bit more. White
Dwarf has really been pretty bad the past few months, and
the absence of Epic 40,000 articles is due only to this. But,
then again, that's my opinion.

Jonathan Westmoreland
"What do you mean my Land Raiders can't take Alblative
and Reinforced Armor? I thought this game was just like 40k". :)