Re: [Epic] Is GW going bust ????? - Thane read this.

From: Dave Gentzler <videodave_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 May 1998 11:45:15 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Pinson <chrisp_at_...>
To: 'space-marine_at_...' <space-marine@...>
Date: Monday, May 25, 1998 3:29 AM
Subject: [Epic] Is GW going bust ????? - Thane read this.

>Ahah ... the joy of intelligent discussion (no sarcasm intended) ...
>
>Chris, one of the penalties of a free media is people can talk about things
other >people don't like. A benefit is that you don't have to read ANY
messages from this
>, or any other. The discussion has been valid, topical, supported, and has
led to >many interesting posts from people with inside information.

Well said, Thane.

>Whilst I agree that some discussion is warranted, the sheer volume of posts
over the >few days was huge. Surely not all of them were valid. The ones I
objected too were >the ones where people were screaming about it like it
would have been the end of >the world.

This is an Epic mailing list. If the topic at all pertains to Epic, it's
fair game for discussion.

>Many of us WANT to know what is going on inside of the industry, and what
it will >mean for our epic hobby. It seems pefectly at home on this list.

>I agree, but only when it is too acceptable levels.

And who are you, exactly, to decide what is "acceptable" for the rest of us?
I like to decide for myself. by reading posts and then deciding which
threads warrant a killfile entry.

If you do not wish to read a thread or topic, set your filtering to delete
it upon entry. Do not attempt to set posting standards of acceptability for
the rest of the list.

And to keep things on-topic, Tim Huckleberry insists that test-casts of the
new Phantom/Warlock titans are now being done in Baltimore. Of course, we
know his track record, but it's a tiny glimmer....

Dave