Re: [Epic] About Tyranids

From: C.Sinclair <csi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 15:28:45 +0100

At 01:16 AM 5/26/98 PDT, you wrote:
>Salutations,

>I've been recently contacted by a French player (yes, there are French
>players connected to Internet!) who plays the Tyranids.
>He thinks that if this race was too powerful in SM/TL (not wrong), it is
>now too weak in Epic 40k.
>As I've never played against the bugs in the new version, I would like
>to know the opinion of the other bug players about this topic.

I never got the chance to play Bugs in the old system, it was discontinued
efore I could afford the supplement and minis, but Tyranids are my favoured
WH40K force, so I hope to contribute with some form of expertise.

>The same player thought about changing the Tyranid army list to
>compensate its lack of firepower and its several other weaknesses :
>
>Tyranid Warriors and Lictors
> Heavy Weapons +10 points *
> Assault +1 point *
> Save +4 points
>
>* Choose only one upgrade
>
>What do you think about this?
>
>Francois Bruntz

This is a cool idea, representing in some ways the bio-morph options
available to these creatures. What about options for Hive Tyrants and
Carnifex? I see no reason why the Carnifex couldn't upgrade for Assault (it
already has the equivalent of the heavy weapons and Save). Off the top of
my head I can't think of other options because I can't remember the stat
lines of the Tyranids or all of the upgrade type options available. I'm
sure with a little thought I or some other enterprising listee can come up
with some brilliant ideas.

Cheers,
Colin

******************************