Re: [Epic] What is acceptable.

From: Cornelius Perkins <cperkins_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 11:40:45 -0500

Chris Pinson wrote:

> In an effort to resolve the current argument between Dave and myself I would like to suggest the following....
> Do we, in general, need to determine a code of standards regarding use of this list ???

First, I'd like to state that creating laws (rules, codes) to resolve arguments is generally wrong.

Second, having some sort of bounds to the charter (and some form of enforcement) is
probably a good thing. I'm also on the 40k list, which has strict codes, and a set of
"don't talk about that here" topics, and it is in general, a good thing. The limits keep
the discussion much more fruitful than it would otherwise be. If anyone not on the
40k list would like to see the rules, I'll ask the 40k list moderators if they mind if I
make them available here.

Cornelius

--
// Cornelius Perkins cperkins_at_...