Re: [Epic] What is acceptable.

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 11:19:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Cornelius Perkins wrote:

> Chris Pinson wrote:
>
> > In an effort to resolve the current argument between Dave and myself I would like to
> > suggest the following....
> > Do we, in general, need to determine a code of standards regarding use of this list ???

no. not even. forget about it. moderation can be much worse than too much
freeform debate.

> First, I'd like to state that creating laws (rules, codes) to resolve arguments is generally wrong.

oh yeah. it just masks other problems.

> Second, having some sort of bounds to the charter (and some form of enforcement) is
> probably a good thing. I'm also on the 40k list, which has strict codes, and a set of
> "don't talk about that here" topics, and it is in general, a good thing. The limits keep
> the discussion much more fruitful than it would otherwise be. If anyone not on the
> 40k list would like to see the rules, I'll ask the 40k list moderators if they mind if I
> make them available here.

having been on both of the 40k lists,(one moderated,one not)and the usenet
group, I see no need for that here. there are no problems that a good
killfile can't solve. I don't like others choosing my killfile for me.
Besides, somedays I like bitching about what I think GW is doing wrong.
Somedays I like reading the off topic music/dance posts. Other days I
don't. I want to be the judge of what I find good to read.

see something you don't like? use that delete button. see something you
disagree with? post a reply.

> Cornelius

**
mike