Re: [Epic] Titan Legion rules vs. Epic 40k

From: Mike Looney <e41k_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 09:25:14 -0500

>I suspect you aren't piling on enough. I make a lot fewer rolls now
>and the while thing is over much faster. Personally, I *like* the
>largely unpredictable nature of the CC. The fact that you can pile
>up the odds in your favor and still lose outright (rather than just
>losing 1 or 2 more guys than you should have as in the old system)
>seems to discourage wanton charging into close combat. My opponents
>now seem to spend more time maneuvering and setting up fields of
>support and interlocking fields of fire. They only charge into CC
>when they absolutely need to shift my detachments from an important
>position.

While we are at it... Never charge a large detachment of marines.
Matt had his biker gang charge my Air Assault company, which at that time
was 16 marine tacticals. On over watch.
That would be 32 fire power, re rolling misses. Vs armor value 4+.

Lets see... 16 dice, 50% chance of a hit. 8 dead
pick up 8 misses, damn, 4 more dead....

A few Land raider AT shots later plus a 3 whirlwind barrage, well, they
didn't make there Assault move...
In fact they died out to a man.

--
The Epic 41K project