Re: [Epic] GW Cycles

From: Dave Gentzler <videodave_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 01:19:31 -0400

>Evil Homer, why no sig lines? I liked 'em, summed up a post nicely in
rgmw.

>Brian. Who hasn't used Usenet since he came home. Hates AOL and DejaNews.
>Dares to copy Evil Homer's sig.
>
>(j/k)
>
> Brian

The only reason I don't use the "Evil Homer" moniker here is that when I try
to change Outlook Express to use Evil Homer it won't let me because of some
kinda conflict with my ISP account info in the registry (it'll only allow me
to send mail using my real name). Signing things "Evil Homer" looks silly
when the "From:" field says "Dave Gentzler."

Besides, very few people on the mailing list need "Homerized." The majority
of rgmw ain't too bright.

I read a synopsis of the new Bombers over Sulfer River game today. Doesn't
sound promising at all. My main question, though, is this: Bombers appears
to be a small effort to spark a little interest in Epic scale. Yet it's a
boxed game and comes with the minis. Why, from a sales standpoint, didn't
they just print the game in Dwarf as a "freebie," a la Full Tilt, so that it
would spur sales of Epic air power blisters, which there are already plenty
of? US retail on this thing looks to be around $30, which is WAY steep for
this level of game.

Using a "mini-game" release strategy in Dwarf would be an ideal way to sell
blisters for slow games by including, in the mag, a complete game utilizing
existing miniatures. Buy a few blisters and you're good to go!
Something like an Epic scale Armor battle game using a small game board and
simplified rules would be the kind of thing I'm thinking of.

Dave