Re: [Epic] GW Cycles

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 19:07:17 +1000

For the life of me, I can't figure out why GW had such a huge sale. The
hypothesis that they were getting rid of non-sellers rather falls flat
when you consider that a fair few WH40K and WHFB minis were sold at
knock-down prices too.

Obviously the Managers were told "get us $ NOW and we don't care how
much stock goes in the process."

I can think of 3 hypotheses that are consistent with the evidence:

1) GW wants to buy something. WOC perhaps?
2) Someone's playing Elasticity of Demand games in Marketing.
3) Loans are due.

But these are merely hypotheses. Still 1) has a certain charm.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo