Re: [Epic] Fluffy IG Question

From: Aaron Day <akkala_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1998 08:32:46 -0500

Carl Billen wrote:

> I was just wondering, do the different nationalities of Imperial Guard (like
> Tallarn, Catachan, Mordian, ...) have a slightly different organizational
> structure, like the Ork Clans.
>
> I think it would add a lot to the character of these troops that some units
> would be available to some nationalities. Is there any 'fluffmeister'
> around the list how can sum up the differences between the nationalities,
> 'cause (as I see it) the only difference is the uniform they're wearing...

Hate to say it but there is really no difference between the different
regiments. Remember that there are hundreds and thousands of different
nationalities (or rather planetalities). The ones mentioned are only a
"sample". Of course, Ork clans don't have different units anymore
either.

My Mordian Iron Guards don't use any stinkin' half-breeds. So no
Ogryn/Hobbits. They do have some allied Cossacks (RR) though.

Aaron