Re: [Epic] Fluffy IG Question

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 00:54:26 +1000

Carl Billen wrote:

> I was just wondering, do the different nationalities of Imperial Guard (like
> Tallarn, Catachan, Mordian, ...) have a slightly different organizational
> structure, like the Ork Clans.
>
> I think it would add a lot to the character of these troops that some units
> would be available to some nationalities. Is there any 'fluffmeister'
> around the list how can sum up the differences between the nationalities,
> 'cause (as I see it) the only difference is the uniform they're wearing...
>
> Any suggestions ?

I have been kicking around one thought for a while now. It's a new
ability -
ENVIRONMENT. Cost +2 Points.
Troops of the right type of Environment add +1 Assault value (due to
local knowledge of ambushes, be it via hidden Ice Crevasse, rigged
Radioactive sludge pipe, or Headhunter Tree). They also count Dangerous
terrain of that type as normal.

Examples:
Catachan - ENVIRONMENT/JUNGLE. They get the bonusses only when in jungle
terrain.
Valhalla - ENVIRONMENT/ICE. They get the bonusses only when in Ice Sheet
terrain.
Hive Gangs - ENVIRONMENT/BUILDING. etc etc

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo