Re: [Epic] Barrage templates and titans

From: Adam Dixon <adixon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 09:59:42 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know that using barrages against titans is all that smart to begin
with. Think about it. A barrage weapon is supposed to be a weapon that
covers a large area with a fragmentary like explosion, ie small pieces of
metal and shrapnel cutting through the relatively think armor of troops
and smaller tanks. It is not meant to kill a titan. The explosion of the
shell/missle/whatever is large and relatively powerful, but spread out.
The thick armor of titans/gargants/whatever could easily soak up most of
the smaller fragments and render them inneffective. IT does make sense.
Barrage weapons are not designed to take out huge walking fortresses, they
are made to destroy troops and smaller armored vehicles.

adam

Adam Dixon | "When you are strong, feign weakness.
Lewis & Clark College | When you are weak, feign strength.
adixon_at_... | Always keep your opponent guessing.