Re: [Epic] Re: Pictures (was: pitchers)

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 09:18:28 -0600

At 04:00 PM 2/27/97 -0600, you wrote:

> It has been abstracted so much
>that it would appear that it is not entirely a stand alone game anymore. It
>will only be really fun to those people who play 40k as well, since almost
>all flavour has been removed from the game, and it seems to be only a way to
>run really big 40k games.

I admit I dont' much care for the genericizing of some of the units, but I
would hardly say all flavor is gone. At least not before I see the game.

>In addition, the game will no longer be as easy
>to play as before since now the game is much more dependent on tables.

I have to admit I didn't much care for the table I read in the advertisement
when it comes to game mechanics, I think you are overlooking the fact that
unless you memorized the unit stats (easy for some, hard for forces like the
Orks) the game was heavily table/chart based anyway.

>>Judging from the looks of this one, they've now reintroduced the concept of
>>paying for the chassis and paying for the weapons separate, seeing as how
>>the model in the picture has no weapons mounted on the carapace.

Since this is being batted around on the netEpic thread, I thought most
would consider this an improvement.

>I was under the impression those darkish lumps on its shoulders were the
>carapace weapons, as when you look at them closely, they look like two guns
>on each shoulder pointed skywards. Pretty hideous in general though, make
>those egg carton Warlords look like masterpieces.

Definitely go with the old titans.

Temp