[Epic] Re: Pictures (was: pitchers)

From: Michael the Liu <mikethel_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 16:00:18 -0600 (CST)

>>> http://ukyou.res.cmu.edu/e40k

>> Well, I have to agree with Oki about the new Warlord titan - it
>>is *uglee* beyond belief. It seems to combine elements of the old turtle
>>shell ones and the newer boxy ones, but with an overall Battle Tech design.
>>ugh. The green and black paint job (as opposed to GW's usual bright colors)
>>doesn't help, either. I don't understand why they redesigned it - the boxy
>>one came out how long ago? Like a year or so? And even that looked better
>>than this new design. Why make it so un-gothic, and thus so unlike every
>>other model GW puts out?

>I agree. Why would I spend $20.00(US) on this model when I could buy a
>battletech model for 1/4 the price. I just hope they've saved me the
>effort all the way around so I can just buy battletech mechs for all my
>titans, not just the warlord. Of course WYSIWYG will apply to them making
>the possibility of using battletech stuff impossible.

Correction, why would you spend $30.00 (US) under the new pricing scheme for
a battletech model you could get for 1/4 the price?

As to playing WYSIWYG, if the only purpose of that is to give GW more money,
why bother? I doubt there will be many official tournaments, as I doubt
that this game will be very popular. It is very similar to Battleforce by
FASA, a Battletech spin-off, and as far as I can tell, my brother and I are
the only people that are ever bought that. It has been abstracted so much
that it would appear that it is not entirely a stand alone game anymore. It
will only be really fun to those people who play 40k as well, since almost
all flavour has been removed from the game, and it seems to be only a way to
run really big 40k games. In addition, the game will no longer be as easy
to play as before since now the game is much more dependent on tables. From
what I've seen on the net, most Epic players aren't too interested, and
neither are most 40k players.

>Judging from the looks of this one, they've now reintroduced the concept of
>paying for the chassis and paying for the weapons separate, seeing as how
>the model in the picture has no weapons mounted on the carapace.

I was under the impression those darkish lumps on its shoulders were the
carapace weapons, as when you look at them closely, they look like two guns
on each shoulder pointed skywards. Pretty hideous in general though, make
those egg carton Warlords look like masterpieces.

>>Scott
>>shupes_at_...

>Ravenwing Speeder Motto: Dark Angels don't die, we just go back to the
>rock and regroup!
>seether_at_...
>Ezekiel- Grand Master of Librarians

Michael the Liu