Re: [Epic] Games day part Two !!

From: Dave Gentzler <videodave_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:53:42 -0400

>. In trying to negotiate better terms,
>they were told that GW could open up a store in the area at anytime and
close
>them down.

See, this is the kind of crap that will kill them. By all means, let them
open a store. In a year. that store WILL be closed. The sort of
over-specialization they depend on doesn't work here in the US. They will
have closed the current retailer with their arrogance and killed any
interest in their games when they can no longer be found at retail when
THEIR store goes south. How many GW stores will open and close here before
this sinks in?

Bullying your only visible link to your audience is a sign that something is
seriously wrong with your business practices.

And on an amusing side note, my retailer pal asked his sales rep what this
week's new releases were. A few Blood Bowl star players was pretty much it,
so my pal said he wasn't going to order this week. The sales guy panicked
and said "Oh, well, you don't have to worry about the minimum... just give
me an order."
The normal minimum is $400 retail.
Hmmmm.... trouble in paradise?