[Epic] Strategy and Tactics in Epic40K

From: <Aries62_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:33:14 EDT

I am new to the epic system. I sold all my OGRE stuff on the net and
purchased E40K with the money (and no matter what you say about GW, at least
they "usually" support their games for at least a year or two and you can
still get the miniatures years later). I now have a wopping two battles under
my belt. However, being new to this particular type of wargaming I am a
little lost on how to do certain things. Most of my experience is in chess
and I can see how certain strategies are relevant in general terms. You know,
like "control the important areas of the board by occupying it or attacking
it, blockade then destroy, coordination of pieces (detachements), avoid
powerfull units being attacked by lesser units (no one likes to see titans
taken out by hoards of common infantry), accumulate small advantages,
etc...... As more experienced players, do you have any rules of thumb or
general lessons to apply to situations that occur commonly in games of E40K?