Re: [Epic] NEWSFLASH - Epic future under doubt

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:28:22 -0600

Carl Woodrow wrote:

> Because of the size of the boxed set it retails at a whopping 25.00 UK
> pounds. This may seem a lot, but the box does seem to contain a great deal
> of infantry and vehicles for the money...it remains to see if most gamers
> can afford to splash out that kind of money in one go.

The real question is: do you get 5 stands of each of the listed types, or do you
get real detachments. I think its pretty crappy that everyone who wants another
unit of plague marines has to buy all the rest as well, but I guess the "Brain
Trust" decided that gamers don't like having a choice, and are more than willing
to shell out for a lot of stuff they don't need. Maybe they figure we'll give
the extras out to get new players.

> Other releases are going to be the Khorne War Engines which are exactly the
> same as previously, the new Plague Tower and Catapult, and the Firelord
> (which also has not changed any). Finally the Slaanesh walkers round off
> this weekend releases.

So we've waited 2 years to get the same stuff. I will be nice to finally be able
to get some walkers though (hmmm, sounds like I don't want to get rid of my
chaos yet...)

> I have a few more interesting items concerning the future of some of the
> other gaming systems, namely Necromunda, but as this is predominately an
> Epic list I will refrain from going off topic unless there is a real demand.
>
> Regards
> Carl

DEMAND, DEMAND, DEMAND!!!!!

Don't let my bitterness fool you, I'm glad the system will remain. Hopefully
they'll now make a real effort with some good articles and above all battle
reports to get some new players. Though I'm working on some 15mm Fantasy Rules
that will blow away their system, I would be cool to have flights of dragons
flaming a treeman legion. I doubt I'll put much into a new workshop game though.

Thane