Re: [Epic] Epic40K stats/Pre-sale

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 11:07:50 -0500

> From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
>
> J.Stephensen_at_... (Jason Stephensen) writes:
> > returning to the old days of 40K inches = epic cms? So they have changed the
> > amount of weapons available down to 6? And the warhounds are fixed weapons?
>
> Haha! Your scout Titans are just as hosed as mine! <sticks
> tongue out> Seriously, if the HWB is a nice well-rounded weapon,
> you'll be fine.

        Personally I liked titans that had options better than those
without. I liked that you could arm a Warhound for anti-infantry duty
with VMBs and Inferno Guns, or for anti-tank with TLDs and Plasma
Blastguns. *sigh* Now all you get is (apparently) generi-weapons.

        What really disappoints me is the extreme lack of range on all
the weapons - 60cm max?!? What's the deal with that? I never even
considered 75cm guns to be very long ranged, and titans can't even match
that with these new rules. I also don't like getting rid of all the
one shots aside from the Vortex missile. If there was one to keep,
it should have been the Barrage or the Warp (although I guess 40k
players could identify vortex missile with vortex grenade).

Scott
shupes_at_...