Re: RE: [Epic] New Member

From: Chad Matlick <cmatlick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 12:15:51 -0400

space-marine_at_...,Internet writes:
>Some have suggested giving them a save, but then they are terminators, who
>are veterans and have terminator armor. I think this kind of thing is
>assumed to be lost at this scale. I don't pay enough attention to
>campaign
>rules for improvement with experience (I figure that should also be lost
>at
>this scale), but there might be something along those lines.
>
>One of the nice things about the system is its simplicity, but I think
most of our players want to add one or two specialized things to their
army to give them a personal touch. I've fielded my Veterans as I
mentioned before, while one of my friends has a house rule that allows his
Hell's Angels (Blood Angels splinter chapter) 1st company to be mobilized
entirely in Razorbacks (circumventing the 10 vehicle maximum imposed by
fielding them as an Armor Detachment). >

>If you've got a Heavy Weapons Battery in range, you can "soak off" blast
>markers with firepower. I've been caught with my HWB pointing the wrong
>way
>or out of range, and been shut down because I only had one HWB. But
>that's
>because I'm not very smart. :)

This is how I played it before I read Andy C's ruling. It makes sense, and
encourages people to field HWB's on their Titans. Personally, I enjoy the
three blast markers I cause by fielding three HWBs on a Warlord Titan.

>Some people here do protest this, but I think it is in common use. I wish
>it were easy to have blast markers reduce the effectiveness of all
>weapons,
>rather than just removing them.

I guess it just depends on your opinion about titans. I rarely use them
myself; one of my favorites things about Epic is the fact that normal SM
tactical detachments can actually be effective, and even dominant on the
battlefield. Try and pull that off in 40k!

Chad Matlick
WISe Network
cmatlick_at_...