Re: [Epic] New EPIC 40.000 player

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 13:46:16 -0400

> Well, I'm asking myself (and now to you), why don't they sell different
> basic boxes: SM vs orks, orks vs Eldar, Eldar vs Tyranids ..., so
> everybody has value for his money, and has the stuff he needs...
>
> Cedric

  Well, if you notice that only Orks and SM have plastic vehicles. They're available
because of the boxed set. So basically GW would have to print dozens of different
rulesets (You notice that the Historical Re-fights are only between Orks and
Marines? Or that the painting instructions are for Orks and Marines.) as well as
making many new plastics (Which I wouldn't mind)

So, to get a boxed set for every player the price of production would go up, and
thus the consumer's price. And then no one buys anything, and GW goes bust.

Besides, why have two armies? Why not have twice as much of one army, because most
people will only start collecting one army.

No, hardcovers are good. The Best would be Boxed sets that come with the rules,
dice, rulers, templates and plastic ruins (Or bulkheads) as well as individual rules
for replacement and when you plan on playing at your local store (Like I do) and
want a copy of the rules you can take home and learn.

Tyler

Tyler