Re: [Epic] The tyrannids are coming ...

From: WolfSamurai <bushkids_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:17:07 -0600

At 01:16 PM 6/23/98 +0200, you wrote:
>> I played Tyrannids (3,000 pts) at the last North Island Wargames Convention
>> with Marines and Guard.
>> Suggestion #1: A letter of surrender.
>> Suggestion #2: Don't show up for the game.
>> Suggestion #3: Call in sick.
>> Suggestion #4: Marines on Overwatch. Their Rapid Fire was the only thing
>> that saved my bacon. Possibly ditch the Guard unless you need their
>> artillery. You need LOTS of fire power to deal with them. Good Luck!
>
>Question as Eldar and SpceMarine player: so you shouldn't assault them,
>hit and run-tactic??

Actually I've found that a well timed and well planned assault can work.
The keys to winning one of those assaults is to put lots of blast markers
on the detachment (Thunderhawks in groups are good for this) and make sure
you don't have tons of blast markers yourself (Destroy those biovore detats
before they can really be a thorn in your side). You're better off (if you
know you're going to be assaulted this turn) to assault them. That way you
can dictate who actually gets in CC so you can avoid some of the
genestealers, carnifexes, and.
But for the most part you should avoid bugs in CC. Firepower is your best
bet, but don't rely on it totally because a smart bug commander (such as
Thane) is going to avoid all those tricks and STILL get into CC with your
troops.

Aaron Roudabush aka WolfSamurai

The Master of the Spirit Blades Space Marine Chapter
Epic 40,000 General of Task Force Grey Wolf
Writer, Editor, and PR Representative for Resonator Software

"Peace through Superior Firepower"