Re: [Epic] New Member

From: John Chapman <john_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 12:02:29 +1000 (EST)

> > Sounds fair, given most people who take all SHW are marine players
> > running
> > huge land raider squadrons that are underpriced pointwise. One of the
> > guys
> > around here has a detachment of 30 Land Raiders. I think it balances
> > out.
> > How else are we supposed to stop them?

        It doesnt really work with land raiders. Many comparable tanks
(Predator,Falcon) have 2FP as opposed to 2 AT. Sure 1 Blast Marker on a LR
group takes away a nastier shot but 5 land raiders with 5 blast markers still
shoot the hell out of 5 Predators with the same number of markers. Land Raiders
are priced such that the extra cost of the AT shot over the FP really doesnt
require units with FP to soak up BMs. Just buy more LR's. AS to the person
who only uses groups of 10 - I wish every marine player was so kind :).
        JAC