Re: [Epic] Flak question

From: <Aries62_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:40:38 EDT

I believe they are allowed to fire on ground units. The reasons I would say
this are

1) I think they have to go on special orders to fire as flak at aircraft.
Note: I don't have the rules handy with me at this moment but I feel sure
that this is correct.

2) Flak units have a FP value and a range just like other weapons.

3) Logically, what would prevent the crews from pointing their weapons at
ground targets and pulling the trigger?

4) I remember reading history books that describe this actually occuring.
The German "Wirblewind" was the example. It had 4 AA cannons mounted on a
tank chassis.

So, IMO the answer is yes.