Re: [Epic] Flak question

From: Mike Looney IONet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:01:21 -0500

Tyler Provick wrote:

> Most people begin a question like this stating that it may have been
> asked, but I missed it.
> I archive my stuff. This was asked, and you guys missed it (Scott
> Herring answered)
>
> I know it's not in Allen's Q&A 'cause I checked.
>
> So I ask again.
>
> Are units with the flak ability allowed to fire on ground units.
>
> It's only important when playing against Eldar with their Anti-Tank flak
> units, or Marines, with their Whirlwinds, Flak and normal are the same
> cost.
>
> I think no, but then again IMO logic doesn't always apply to Q&A answers
> (Or at least my logic because in the end I am the one who is wrong)
> So, since I think no it's probably yes

What logic make you think that a flak unit can't fire at a ground
target? Nowhere in the rules does it even come close to saying that.

And in "Real Life", the most famous Anti Tank gun of all time, the
German 88mm was <drum roll> a FLAK gun.

As far as the whirlwinds go, don't forget that they are either flak or
barrage, not both.