[Epic] dilemma--sell 2nd edition stuff?

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 13:12:32 -0400

Hi. I've always assumed I'd keep my 2nd edition stuff for old times' sake,
and to look back at pictures. But I've spent a lot of money on games lately
(the list Eldar sale, the > 50% discount from Rogue Trader Outpost during
their sale, Blood Bowl, etc), and this has begun to tempt me.

I'm pretty happy with the Epic 40K rules, so I don't think I'll be choosing
to go back to 2nd edition myself. So I'm probably only keeping this stuff
for reference (painting suggestions, comparison of items in the older
version, etc), for admiring pictures of old models and terrain, and in case
I run out of Epic 40K players and someone insists on 2nd edition.

I've seen people asking $10 for the old army boxed rules and such. I've got
Space Marine 2nd, Titan Legions, Armies of the Imperium, Ork & Squat
Warlords, and Chaos & Eldar Renegades. I'd include all the books and cards
and (I think) all the templates, not dice, miniatures, or buildings.
There's also the Objectives from a White Dwarf--I could probably include
that issue, and may have a couple of other extras from White Dwarf. I'd
even include the Citadel Epic catalogs I have from that time. I could ask
$60 for it, and if nobody wanted it, be happy that I could keep it. (If the
army boxes, cards, and templates are really worth $10 each, and the rules
and cards and templates from the other games might possibly be $15, that's
where I got the price.)

This is not specifically an ad to sell this (though it may turn out that I
do sell it). Would you keep this stuff, or sell it? Would it depend on the
price you could get? At that price, I might just get to keep it. :) But if
I got anywhere near that, I could finally pay myself off for being
ripped-off for Legions of Steel last year, or get Deathzone for Blood Bowl
and pay for my part of the Eldar sale.

andy