Re: [Epic] Hairy Questions Answered Here

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 11:21:33 -0600

Richard Levick wrote:

> Now some would argue that any unit should be able to shoot at aircraft. I
> know I did. But logically, most tanks weapons are of limited traverse and
> elevation. Turrets that spin 360 degrees don't do it fast enough to track
> an aircraft zipping across the battlefield. The dedicated Flak units are
> designed to do this and this is why they are the only unit able to do so.
> Infantry can shoot at aircraft, but their weaponry is usually to inaccurate
> to actually hit, so that's why they're out of the picture as flak.

Actaully, every unit can fire at aircraft, with snap fire. I had an aircraft
killed by a bloodletter (or maybe I did it, I can't remember now,) that way!!!
It's really dumb. We figured 2 demons must have thrown the third up, who sliced
of a wing.

Flak was an amazingly effective anti infanty weapon, and the germans especially
used it as such. If any panzerblitz verterans are out there, they remeber the
Flak vs infantry bonuses in the game. That stupid hydra rule used to annoy the
crap out of us; it could hit a titan, but not a man. Just give us the extra
5degree inclination, you tech-priest bastards!!!!

Thane