Re: [Epic] E40K Orks in WD# 222

From: Elaine P <elainepat_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 08:45:24 PDT

>I like this idea, but I would allow Stormboyz to be chosen. Why ?
>a) They're limited to one mob per warband.
>b) Stormboyz are 'disciplined' Orks in uniform. Blood Axes are Orks in
>uniform. Why GW decided that the Stormboyz should belong to the Goffs
is
>something I never understood (probable because they are considered CC
>troops).

If I remember correctly, the Stormboyz were originally a kult like the
"kult of speed" where the orks abandoned their clan in favor of a
militaristic organization. Loyalty to a clan boss was replaced with
loyalty to the "Kapitunn." The jump packs came later. The Blood Axe
clan still maintained clan structure even though they dealt with hoomies
& used hoomie equipment.

Something that you might include for Blood Axe detachments is that they
would not receive the leadership & stubborn benefits from an Ork Warlord
that is not of the Blood Ax clan. Since none of the other clans trust
the Blood Axes.

Also, I think that the Skarboyz were the elite or veteran troops & were
not limited to just the Goffs. But as with anything with GW, the
background has had several mutations... I mean versions.

--Elaine