Re: [Epic] Epic and Background (was Stuff)

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:44:33 -0500

Francois Bruntz wrote:

> >the Emporer dying would be a major knock on for starters, as would be
>
> >the
> >break up of the Imperium.... need I say more
> >

> Yes. ;o)
>
> Even if GW changes the background of W40k, the only impact for E40k
> will
> be an article in WD explaining how to play battles in the new
> background, that's all : no major change will occur as background is
> not
> well presented in the Epic rules..
>
> Non, really I don't see how a minor change in the background could
> really affect our game. Because all this is only a minor change. In
> the
> actual background, Chapters are used to fighting each other and if the
>
> Emperor is not dead is not far from this state, even if the official
> religion preaches that he still protects humanity (Oh, oh, Inquisition
>
> will not be happy! ;).

Don't forget that in the REAL version of WH40K's fluff the several of
the Space Marine chapters have had wars with each other, and neither
side being "turned to Chaos". Later today when I am not at work I will
find the "Chapter and Verse" for y'all.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com