Re: [Epic] Re: new editions (please read, you may find it useful)

From: Aaron Day <akkala_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:46:30 -0500

Stephen Sheldon wrote:

> > Isn't that what just happened to Necromunda?
> > Of course, that's not a new edition, just a re-release of the
> > old rules.
>
> Makes no sense that they would do this, as the buildings were the main
> reason most I know bought the game...

They are probably doing it for a couple of reason:

1. Cheap new product. My understanding is that the rulebook will have
stuff not in either the main rules or outlanders. Thus possible getting
older Necro player to fork over for the 'new' stuff.

2. The lower price may convince some who didn't buy the box set to start
playing. Thus increasing sales of the mini's and the terrain (which will
be available seperately).

3. Profit. The profit margin on books is prabably better than on the box
sets. Esp since there are no assembly costs.