Re: [Epic] Epic and Background (was Stuff)

From: Cedric Royer <Cedric.Royer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 16:20:42 +0200 (MET DST)

> > Yes. ;o)
> >
> > Even if GW changes the background of W40k, the only impact for E40k
> > will
> > be an article in WD explaining how to play battles in the new
> > background, that's all : no major change will occur as background is
> > not
> > well presented in the Epic rules..
> >
> > Non, really I don't see how a minor change in the background could
> > really affect our game. Because all this is only a minor change. In
> > the
> > actual background, Chapters are used to fighting each other and if the
> >
> > Emperor is not dead is not far from this state, even if the official
> > religion preaches that he still protects humanity (Oh, oh, Inquisition
> >
> > will not be happy! ;).
>
> Don't forget that in the REAL version of WH40K's fluff the several of
> the Space Marine chapters have had wars with each other, and neither
> side being "turned to Chaos". Later today when I am not at work I will
> find the "Chapter and Verse" for y'all.

Well, I think enough chapters have turned themselves to Chaos during the
Horus Heresy, and I do think that another split would be the end of the
Empire: There is not enough central power to coordinate the battles
against the Swarm or against Waaaghs. So the Imperium will be divided in
separate system-states, who will be devoured by Chaos, Insects and
Greenskins.

Cedric