Re: [Epic] A Thunderhawk question...

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 22:35:01 -0400

> For the Thunderhawk question, it specifically says you can put down troops,
> but nothing about taking them up. I think it does make sense to say that
> you can't do this because it doesn't say you can. It wouldn't make sense to
> say you can because it doesn't say you can't, and I don't think that
> conflicts with the reasoning behind the Flak ability argument.

check the transport rules. I think they say that they embark and disembark
troops for a cost of 5 cm of movement for all units involved. The Thawk has the
Transport ability, so therefor he can load troops and fly off the board. now,
whatever you rules for units leaving the table edge are apply. so if you rule
that they escape, all Blast Markers are removed and the controller loses no
moral.

or perhaps everything that leaves the table edge is instantly destroyed. But
since you can bring fliers back on, that doesn't work

My rule, you can pull off troops, but you loose their moral value if you haven't
already. You don't loose any moral for blast markers, and if you are Eldar you
don't lose the extra d3 blast markers for being whiped out. Basically the
detachment removed from play count for moral purposes as half-strength.

Tyler
Happy Canada Day!