RE: [Epic] A Thunderhawk question...

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 07:46:32 -0400

> It is never a good idea to say you can do something because the
> rules don't
> say I can't.

Well, it sorta depends on the argument. For the Flak ability question,
firepower can shoot at enemies on the ground, and the Flak ability doesn't
say you can't, so you can. I think this is quite appropriate reasoning.
What we're really saying here, is that the Flak ability doesn't specify an
exception to the normal ability to target ground units. With this variation
in mind, I agree with what you say.

For the Thunderhawk question, it specifically says you can put down troops,
but nothing about taking them up. I think it does make sense to say that
you can't do this because it doesn't say you can. It wouldn't make sense to
say you can because it doesn't say you can't, and I don't think that
conflicts with the reasoning behind the Flak ability argument.

Besides, why would they have added the evac rule for flyers in White Dwarf
if the main rules allow it? (I haven't seen that issue, just heard of it on
the list.)

andy